Tuesday 16 December 2008

The big energy con

I got my quarterly gas & electricity statements last week. Three months ago I complained to them about the amount they were asking for direct debit. I am now 80 quid in credit on my gas and 20 quid in debit on the lecky. What annoys me is that they are asking for an extra 14 quid a month on the lecky but not offering a reduction on the gas. To me this is profiteering. They know that eventually they will have to reduce the price because of world energy prices falling. They were quick enough to increase charges when it went up let’s have the same response now and bring it down. Or the government should step in and put a windfall tax on their profits. In the meantime they are holdoing on to my money and getting interest on it such as it is these days.

No comments: