Friday 28 December 2007

I don’t BELIEVE it!

You will have noticed from my picture I look a bit like dear old Victor Meldrew and at times according to my wife and family act and sound like him. At Christmas you always get the odd present that either doesn’t work or is totally inappropriate. Well this year I had both. A super grooming kit from my wife which did not work and a gift box of slippers and toiletries from my daughter. The grooming set was from Argos so yesterday off we set to our nearest store in West Brom only to be told that the item was out of stock but they have one at Sutton Coldfield “I’ll reserve it for you Sir” After lunch and after finding the last parking space in the West Mids we wait in the customer services queue. Giving the lady our reference number and details I’m thinking we’ll be off soon. No such luck. The reference number was for a store somewhere off the planet and they were out of stock. I’m getting a little annoyed but decide there are other stores so we’ll have a refund. This is bad news for me because it means I’m now committed to shop which is not an activity I’m prone to enjoy. We decide to change my slipper gift set at BHS but “sorry madam it’s company policy not to exchange toiletry items” by this time Victor is well evident in my approach to the sales assistant but she’s adamant “its more than my jobs worth” a little argument ensues but my wife insists we should leave it. She has a way of looking at me which spells danger if I persist. The bottom line is my wife managed to change her jumper which did not fit to one which was suitable and I decided to think long and hard before using Argos again and certainly not West Brom.
I don’t BELIEVE it!

No comments: