Monday 28 January 2008

Old fashioned politics. I like it.

It’s been a long time since we heard the sound of a loud hailer on Election Day and even longer since a councillor used this method to thank all the people in our Road who voted for him. I understand that he tried to visit each road over the weekend as well as taking down his posters. Sadly the Tories have not yet taken theirs down. If they are still there on Thursday I might ask the Town Committee to get them removed. They are unsightly,untidy and make our ward look shabby.

2 comments:

Bob Piper said...

Bob, I'm enjoying the blog.

During the campaign you raised a good point about the recycling of plastic and cardboard.

There is a fairly lengthy answer on this and if you really want to know what we are doing on about it I can relay it to you either by e-mail or on the blog.

Anyway... keep up the good work. I'll give the blog a plug and I'm revamping my sidebar links too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bob for your comment, please publish the policy on recycling on my blog, why not let the world see that Sandwell is doing it’s bit