Monday 10 November 2008

Fireworks night

My regular readers will know I believe that our local councillors should live in our community and be committed to it. On Saturday we had what is becoming an annual event the Tanhouse Fireworks Display. What a great show. This year it cost a quid but nevertheless worth the money.
I went along with the missus and my folding chair(need to sit these days). I was delighted to see our Labour Councillor in his wet coat on the door and the leader of the Tories doing his bit. Both were accompanied by their wives. The Liberals were as usual conspicuous by their absence.
The evening was spoiled by the fact it chucked it down with rain and despite being dressed for the occasion we were soaked and glad to get home and dry off. Very well done to the organising committee we need more of this community stuff in Newton. It’s a pity involvement in these things isn’t turned into votes.

No comments: