Thursday 20 November 2008

Lethargy

I just can’t seem to shake off this lethargy. Tuesday I was a panel member for a break out group at the Association of Colleges annual conference and exhibition. The group were looking at learner involvement. It was a privilege to be asked to participate but I found getting there a trial. As soon as was possible I made my apologies and left. I’m thinking I need to see my GP because this ain’t right but I can’t get an appointment until Friday evening. The alternative is to wait for X number of hours in a crowded waiting room with half the population of Newton coughing and sneezing all over me. Our PCT tell us we have plenty of Doctors for our area but surely this can’t be right. When the ceiling fell in at our surgery we were without any GP service for two weeks. What do we have to do to get a good service in our area? Go Private? I went along to the surgery to check out what the wait position was like. My wife insisted that I was not too ill to wait but I knew better. The surgery was heaving. One of the receptionists was sat behind her computer in the waiting room coughing and sneezing, next to her was an old mate doing much the same. The other receptionists are behind a screen in a small side room which means you have to enter the waiting room to talk to them. I decided I’d book an appointment whilst I was there. What I did not notice was the lady standing in the corridor that I had to pass on my way out was coughing and sneezing like the rest. If I hadn’t got when I went in I must get it on the way out. Looks like I have to suffer until Friday.

No comments: