Tuesday 7 April 2009

Bulletin on the railings

After seeing his consultant this afternoon his majesty has asked me to pass on the following information. His condition continues to respond well to treatment. Routine blood numbers although still marginally high are responding to treatment and his general condition is improving. He will be able to continue with his public engagements. His majesty wishes to thank you all for your good will messages.

The reality:-
Phew a close shave, blood numbers halved from last time which was two thirds down from time before so steady progress, also some improvement in bone health. Not a bad prognosis for me. Living life on a 6 week cycle as I do can be a little traumatic at times and towards blood test time I have been known to get just a little tetchy. I have never suffered fools gladly and these days my acceptance of what I see as plonker behaviour towards me and mine gets very short shrift. As the misses often comments these days I’m on a short fuse. Friends, family and close associates need not worry. Others; well you will know when my patience with your behaviour runs out. I won’t mind at all if you are offended.

No comments: