Saturday 18 April 2009

St. George’s day II

My poems are like buses you wait for ages then three come along together. My wife felt that the earlier effort although it reflected what was going on in Sandwell was a bit dull and predictable. She the suggested I might write a sort of Dragons Eye view

I hope you like it

St George’s Dragon

This bloke St. George is big here in the town,
he keeps saving maidens and putting crooks down.
What is the world coming to when you can no longer pillage?
there doesn’t seem much point in terrorizing the village.
He rides into the conflict on his horse so pure and white,
sorts out all the problems, he gives me quite a fright.
No need for rewards, I tell you brother,
he’ll get a plaque giving him freedom of the borough.
I try to wreak havoc, from mayhem I never shirk,
but now I’m in trouble from health and safety at work.
I don’t know what to do except stay on the wagon,
I’m only the bad guy! Yes I’m St George’s dragon.

No comments: