Sunday 11 October 2009

Apologies

I have always believed that if you are found to be in the wrong you should put your hand up admit your mistake and apologise. I have of course had to do this on numerous occasions during my career. Not everyone shares this view and many people will never apologise even when they are shown to be clearly in the wrong. It is simply below them to stoop to apologise. I won’t mention of course politicians who have been forced to after a mountain of evidence was piled up against them.
Recently I felt it necessary to apologise to Sandwell’s democratic services chief for comments I made on my blog. Following this I got to thinking about how I might apologise in a more elegant way in future. The following poem expresses my initial thoughts on this. My editor in chief (the misses) chose the title. I hope you like it.

To whom it may concern

I’m sorry for the things I said,
unkind thoughts came into my head.
I’m sorry if my words brought you a tear,
my apology is most sincere.
I’m sorry if I hurt you so,
please forgive me and let it go.
I’m sorry if my actions were sharp and terse,
I make my apology with this little verse.

Sick bags available on request!

3 comments:

Gerry said...

Is that for me as well, for being sharp
with me if I dont happen to
agree with you.
gerry

Bob the Black Country Brummie said...

Naughty naughty Gerry but of course it does. You’re getting to sound like David Cameron “he’s such a nice man” I agree with you about Brown he’s got the charisma of a flea.
The poem though needs a bit more work.

Fat Prophet said...

I quite like this, it's certainly an interesting way to say sorry.