Monday 17 March 2008

I’m flattered.

My Mum used to tell me that imitation was a form of flattery. Well I’m flattered. The Lib Dems put out their first leaflet of the campaign, Focus 270, which used has its lead story a feature I had used on the Neighbourhood Watch Association Newsletter which I edited on their behalf back in December. This newsletter goes out to about a third of the homes in Newton who are associated with NHW groups. Although I say so myself our newsletter gave a lot more advice on what to look for and how to avoid the kind of criminal activity mentioned in Focus. I think the Councillor is looking for the sympathy vote. Apart from this I can see little inspiring about the leaflet which must be the first of the campaign. Bonus and banana skins will begin at the end of March but I will give a bonus point to them for getting in first. I need to change the rules a bit this time round to include what I published as my top ten. For every candidate who mentions a top ten feature I’ll give a bonus point if more than one top ten is featured in a single leaflet I’ll give an extra point for each one and a another bonus point. The rules on banana skins stay the same. Just to remind our candidates here they are:-
The Top ten
10) Gongs
9) Adult Education & Culture
8) Parks & Green Spaces
7) Older people & Welfare Services
6) Planning & Affordable Housing
5) Education
4) Health Care
3) Litter, Dog Mess & Ground Care
2) Council Tax
1) Commitment
I’m struggling with Focus, nothing about any of the top ten so no extra bonus points here then. I hope the others can do better or this is going to be a boring campaign. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: