Monday 4 February 2008

hav I fnd d way?

To communicate with my grandkids.
And I thought I was alone in thinking that texting for dummies was unique to me. I did a google search and there are plenty of us who appear to be in the same position.
Try this link http://www.allinfoabout.com/text_messaging_sms.html my thanks to "all info about” For the following list of useful text abbreviations I don’t think my grandkids read the list though.

Text messaging shortcuts

Abbreviation Meaning
<3 heart
404 I haven't a clue
ADN Any day now
AFAIK As far as I know
AFK Away from keyboard
ARE Acronym-rich environment
ASAP As soon as possible

There about three pages of this, so well done to them.
Just to add to the complication eldest American grandchild tells me her mobile puts some of the words in when you enter the first letter. And I was just getting the hang of this. I still don't think they think their grandad is cool about this blogging stuff.

No comments: