Monday 13 October 2008

What is going on?

Interesting to hear the responses from World Bank the IMF and G7 over this week end. I don’t think any of them know what to do. I have some sympathy with Gordon and Co. at the moment because the crisis is now truly world wide and it looks as though he is going to get away with his part in our cock up. The markets appear to have gone completely and independently haywire to the extent that it must surely be being considered that there is a wider force at work here trying to bring governments down. History shows us some notable rises to power of tyrants after stock market crashes. Could this be part of a terrorist plot to undermine the world economies or is it still the greedy unregulated market speculators in money making mode but in a new guise? I don’t know whether I prefer Brown in charge at this point because now is certainly not a time to be changing leaders. Perhaps his next move is “blame the terrorists”

2 comments:

Bob Piper said...

A bit contradictory there Bob, my old son. First you hint at terrorists whereas no-one else has, and then suggest that Brown might "blame the terrorists"... like you were, perhaps?

I'm from a different wing of the Labour Party to Gordon Brown and Tony Blair, but I'm bloody sure I would rather have him in charge of the ship at the moment that the likes of Miliband, or, God forbid, David Cameron and George Osborne.

Bob the Black Country Brummie said...

I’m not blaming anyone at this point but eventually Brown will have to admit to his part in our mess. I’m just thinking out loud I suppose about a possible terrorist link.