Saturday 16 May 2009

40 today

No not me stupid, my youngest off spring. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. I was perhaps the happiest man on the planet. A beautiful strawberry blond haired daughter. He elder sister was two and her arrival made our family complete. She was born at home. Non of the nonsense we have nowadays. Everything was ready I called the midwife and few hours later out popped our little one. I was present for the delivery and what a great experience it was. In those days there was no maternity or paternity leave I had to take a couple of days holiday to care for my family. The misses had had to give up her job when D1 came along. Where did those years go?
I’m safe making this post because she never reads my blog. She has got over the fact that her Dad writes to himself on the internet. Perhaps she’s right they ought to take me away.
Happy Birthday

No comments: