Tuesday 20 May 2008

Don’t time fly.

My regular readership tiny as it is has commented on my lack of posts during the last few days. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to phone and tell me. It’s good to know the blog is being read. You could of course leave a comment on the blog. One of them complained that some of the political stuff was boring and asked had I run out of ideas. Don’t know that I agree with either and no I have not run out of ideas just the time.
On the train travelling to and from London I was watching all these whiz kids with their lap tops busily typing away and wondered should I bring my lap top? I dismissed this quickly and decided at my age it was better to watch the English countryside fly by.
I don’t know what it is about London but I’m always glad to be back in good old Sandwell. The pace of life is somehow slower and I think it’s a better place to live. I can just hear our councillors saying something like old Bob’s gone funny in the head he’s glad to be back in successful Sandwell. Well yes “But” we have a lot to do. There was some good news in the local paper last night. Sandwell are negotiating for university status. If this is true it is truly good news because of the other spin offs which will raise the educational aspirations of generations to come and add to the local economy. We could eventually move from metal bashers of which I’m proud to a truly knowledge based economy. Now that would be progress. I do hope it is not just another initiative that ends up in some council officer’s waste bin or another fiasco like The pUBLIC.
Can’t promise the same regular posts because the English grandkids are taking us to Centre Parks over the bank holiday. Don’t think somehow that I’m going to be able to put my feet up much over the week end.

No comments: