Saturday 10 May 2008

The movement is growing



I have posted on this theme before but I make no apologies for repeating it because it is a major issue that the Labour party will have to deal with and that of course is Gordon Brown. My opposition to him stems back to his blatant bribe of pensioners at the last election and the subsequent removal of the £200 council tax allowance, his policies which have decimated pension funds and his appalling attitude to the Pension Protection Fund and the Financial Assistance Scheme for pensioners who have lost pensions through no fault of their own. I was with some pensioners again yesterday who were affected by the pensions crisis. That’s maybe not such a surprise to my regular reader. I use the singular because if you judge the blog by its comments count I’m mostly talking to myself. The pensioners I refer too were part of my team before retirement and ill health curtailed my economic activities. They were in the main life long trade union members and traditional labour voters. We don’t usually talk politics at our reunions but yesterday was an exception and I never started it (honest). In fact Gordon’s treatment of pensioners and the rising cost of living was the main topic of conversation. I’m not going to labour the point (if you’ll pardon the pun) but dear old Gordon came in for a lot of stick. So you heard it on my blog first if you’re a pensioner join Pensioners against Brown. You know it makes sense. Our consensus was that Labour will never win an election with him in charge.

No comments: