Sunday 4 May 2008

Kids say the funniest things

We always seem to have the best conversations with our Grandkids when we are driving. Perhaps it’s because of the proximity and they are so to speak a captive audience. Awhile ago we were driving and chatting when my wife asked them how they would remember their grandparents! The eldest said Nan Pat teaches us how to make things, how to paint and do arts and crafts. Her other Nan she said teaches us games and how to play and have fun. What about granddad Bob I enquired with some trepidation. Oh you teach us boring intellectual stuff and about politics. I must admit to being a bit miffed about this but I pressed on anxious to know what they thought of their other granddad. After a long pause my grandson said oh that’s easy he teaches us to swear. Sorry John! Honest that’s what he said.

No comments: