Tuesday 22 July 2008

School leaving assembly

We went along to Hippy’s final primary school assembly. He had claimed it was boring but I loved it. The classes who were leaving conducted the assembly with some delightful stuff. One section related to the kids standing up and quoting what they thought they had learned during their spell at the school. Some was typical stuff like “I learned about mountains or history or one chap said he had become a maths genius ( I believe him) but the most surprising was one lad said he had learned to make a Power Point Presentation. Not bad for a Primary School I thought. Did I feel old, at that age we could barely do our times table. Progress, Tony for me fulfilled his Education, Education, Education pledge and although there is still a lot to do that particular school is doing well. Down side was they all left today without their SATS results.

No comments: