Saturday 21 June 2008

Councillors doing things in my ward. Or not as the case may be.

This ought to be a regular feature I think but I suspect it might get a little boring with the same ones coming up with the goods. I thought I might start with a little résumé of recent events that I am aware of and challenge them to correct me where I am wrong or perhaps had memory fade (I’m getting old after all) when I have missed important things. No mention of their politics though.
Recently C’llr Ward was in the news with his efforts helping to get a monument to the miners killed in Hamstead Colliery 100years ago. Well done Tony

C’llr Hosell organising friendship groups and assisting residents with gating schemes. He also founded Durham Association of Residents and Tenants DART which successfully campaigned to get all of the old miners maisonettes knocked down. Still two blocks to go but the cleared site shows what can be done. Well done Dave & Shirley
Now let me think what have the others done recently? Uuuuuuuuuum snooooooooooooooooor oh yes! we got Focus 272 thanking me for voting for them (I never did) crowing about their massive majority and telling me about all the items they have passed to Member Services to resolve. Does something seem a bit potty here? All councillors are free to contribute if I’ve got it wrong I welcome your comments.

No comments: