Monday 30 June 2008

What’s the difference?

Sorry another date whoopsy but the piece I think is thought provoking. I wonder if David Davies or Cameron would share this view?


Image A - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Image B

It’s a trick question. Both pictures are taken on the same estate about a quarter mile apart. Image A is a site being cleared for redevelopment. Note no litter and definitely no fly tipping. Image B is an old favourite of mine & councillor more needs to be done and the worst grot spot in our ward. I outlined in one of my earlier posts suggestions for what needed to be done and I did expect by now that some action other than regular clean ups would be taken. No clean ups have been necessary on site A.

The difference of course is this:-

A Dome Hawke camera is monitoring the site at Image A . Surveillance does work. Why can’t we have it at our grot spot along with some of the other measures I mentioned? Just cleaning up after our litter louts is not a solution. It’s not rocket science. Let’s have some high profile fines and name and shame em. When do we want this action? Why now of course, did you need to ask.




No comments: