Sunday 17 August 2008

Stratford upon Avon

Doggy poop capital of Britain.
We visited Stratford for a day of recuperation on Friday. I always enjoy visiting the town. It’s always busy, clean and friendly. Lots of little shops and plenty of tourist attractions if that’s what turns you on. Pat likes the shops and I get to have a good lunch and a stroll along the river. When we eventually found a bench which was not occupied we stopped for a well earned rest and to watch the boats meander along the river. I thought I recognise that smell and sure enough there beside our bench were several offending dog poops and worse I had stepped in one. I guess the smell was enhanced by the fact that it was drying out after the recent rain. I suppose once you are aware of it you can see it everywhere. I know a lot of work is going on with the new gardens but the litter present and the little present I got was well bloody awful. This is not the Stratford I like to visit. So come on Stratford clean up your act particularly the dog poop our tourists don’t want that when they visit.
We perhaps need a little reminder for our patch so I came up with this little poster for my front garden.

No comments: